Sunday 10 January 2016

Charlotte Tilbury: The Vintage Vamp

Hello and welcome to my realm of beauty. 

I have been away for a long time. I think overestimated my ability to regularly update my blog and continue my teacher training at the same time. My job is very very demanding, in fact I'd go so far to say I've had the most difficult (academic) year so far.

I hope to have a better handle on my life though, starting with regular blog posts.

And I thought I would dedicate my first post after a while to one of the most expensive beauty purchases I've made in my life. I'm of course talking about Charlotte Tilbury's Eye Shadow Quad in Vintage Vamp. I was after this dreamy eyeshadow quad for a very long time, but wasn't really ready to pay £38 for it. However, when Christmas shopping time arrived I thought I would treat myself and go for it.

Beautiful packaging. 

What I like about Charlotte Tilbury is that she has different designs that comes in different makeup looks that one would like to achieve. Her Golden Goddess look for example is the most iconic of all. I personally love the Vintage Vamp face the most, just because it matches my personality and what makeup look I want to ultimately achieve.

The eyeshadows are very beautiful and luxury. The light pink shade goes over the lid, the lighter red shade is a beautiful cream colour and the dark red shade is to create a vampy smokey eyes by colouring the outer corner. I also use this for lower eyelashes to make the eyes look more dramatic. The gold shade is literally just gold shimmer that goes in the inner corners to catch the light. It's very subtle, which is what I like, but work wonderfully to complete the look.

Swatches and close up of Charlotte Tilbury's Eye Shadow Quad in Vintage Vamp.

The quality of the shadows are of course amazing. The crease shade blends like a dream and the darker red shade is very easy to work with. You can create a very dramatic smokey eyes look, or you can be more subtle with it and use it only slightly in the outer corner.

I always use my shadows on top of NARS pro eye primer. I have oily eyelids and no matter how good the eyeshadow is, it ends up creasing after an hour or two. So I'm not the best judge of how good an eyeshadow lasts. What I can tell you is that this palette stays on very well, it stays in place, the crease colour doesn't bleed on the lid, and it doesn't transfer to the brow bone either. I've worn it for 5-6 hours and in the end it still looks as good as when I applied it.



Finally, is it worth the money? If you wanted to treat yourself to something luxury that you've probably saved money for, I would say yes, go for it. This eyeshadow quad is the definition of luxury.

I hope you enjoyed this blogpost beautiful people. Make sure you follow me on the social media for updates, links are on the right hand side of the screen.

See you soon x

No comments :

Post a Comment