Tuesday 4 August 2015

Review and Comparison: Tinted Lip Balms

Hello beauties and welcome to my Realm of Beauty. 

Today's post is gonna be about tinted lip balms. Some days I don't feel up to putting lipstick on, but I hate the natural colour of my lips because they always look really pale and make me look like a ghost. So tinted lip balms are my saviour on these days. Not to mention that they're incredibly hydrating and good for cold winter days.

So let's get started. The lip balms I'm gonna review are: the famous Maybelline Baby Lips - Cherry Me; the much loved but underrated Burt's Bees - Red Dahlia; and even more underrated Korres Madarin Lip Butter Stick - Rose.

Swatches

Moisturising aspect: 

This for me is the most important aspect of a lip balm. The best one out of the three is Burt's Bees. It's made of 100% natural ingredients including Shea butter, and it slides on the lips beautifully and with ease. The moisture stays on the lips longer than the other two products. Though Baby Lips seems more moisturising when you apply it, it gets absorbed by your lips quickly and you find yourself in need of applying it again. However, this could just be due to the specific shade, since the other shades offer a range of other benefits such as SPF20. I'll strive to collect them all and write a separate post on them.
The Mandarin Lip Butter also has a gorgeous texture thanks again to Shea butter. It's quite thick thanks to the SPF15, which for me is a fantastic benefit that the other two products don't have. That being said, the moisture doesn't last as long as Burt's Bees, but don't let than stop you from adding this to your handbag.


Colour aspect:

If you purchase a tinted lip balm, you obviously expect it to give your lips a hint of colour.  I wanted to have a range of different colours, from pink to red to dark red. As you can see in the picture of the swatches, that goal was achieved with these three products. However, as you see in the pictures below, the clear winner is the Mandarin Lip Butter, with Baby Lips following closely. I don't really see much colour when I apply Burt's Bees, but I understand for some this can be a good thing. I adore the pink colour of Baby Lips and I always have it on when I'm at home.




Price aspect:

Maybelline Baby Lips is the cheapest out of all three and can be purchased at almost every drugstore for only £2.99. It comes in 6 different shades and is totally worth having in your handbag or just to use at home.

Next on the price list is Burt's Bees which can be purchased for £5.99 at http://www.feelunique.com. It comes in an amazing 9 shades! And take my word for it, it's totally worth every penny.

Lastly comes Korres Madarin Lip Butter Stick which costs £8.00 and can be purchased in 5 shades on http://www.feelunique.com. I understand some people might not want to pay this much for a lip balm, but the colour range is gorgeous and the SPF15 makes it much more desirable. The texture is also very unique, you'll love the feeling on your lips.

So there you have it. I hope you enjoyed this post and found it helpful.
Make sure to follow me on Twitter and Instagram for updates.
See you soon x

1 comment :

  1. Nice post, Thank you for sharing valuable information. I enjoyed reading this post. Please Feel Free to Visit haute her tips Lip Products skin

    ReplyDelete