Saturday 20 June 2015

Lancôme Shine Lover: Review

Hello and welcome to my Realm of Beauty.

For my first post I thought I would review a product from my favourite brand; Lancôme. Ever since I started wearing makeup, I've been using Lancôme products religiously. Who doesn't like their amazing mascaras and their legendary makeup remover?

Today's review is about 'Shine Lover', Lancôme's new lipstick.

Lipsticks are the most essential item in my makeup bag. I love keeping my lips hydrated and beautifully pigmented. So naturally, I always like to go for shiny and moisturising lipsticks. So you can probably imagine my excitement after Lancôme announced the launch of their new lipstick 'Shine Lover'. After all, I keep going back to their store to buy the fantastic 'Rouge in Love' lipstick.

Here are the characteristics I was looking for in 'Shine Lover':
  • Day time use,
  • Moisturising,
  • Vibrant shine,
  • Just enough pigmentation, not too intense since I wanted a day time lipstick,
  • Long lasting.
As someone who is about to start her teacher training year, I was looking for a lipstick whose moisture would last long enough to get me through my lessons. Also, I was looking for something professional; not too bright and not too pigmented. Just a touch of colour for effortless beauty.

Now on to the review.
The lipstick ticks all the boxes except for the last one. It is perfectly shiny and I love the colour of it. It has a lovely white packaging that's both elegant and youthful. It's easy to apply and slides beautiful on your lips.
However, for the shine that it gives it is surprising that the moisture doesn't last very long. I find myself in need of reapplying it every hour or so, which is not great when you hardly have the time for touchups.
Overall, it is very nice product, but I probably won't be buying it again soon since it is quite expensive (£21) and probably doesn't last long if you're constantly reapplying it.

Tip: If you're buying online, don't be fooled by the colour of the lipstick. It looks very different on the lips!
Also, if you're like me and don't wear your lipstick without lipliner, try to pair this particular Shine Lover with No7's 'Rose' lipliner.

 I hope you enjoyed my first review. Make sure you check back for more reviews and impressions.

No comments :

Post a Comment