Saturday 8 August 2015

Colourful Eye Makeup, Wearable and Easy

Hello lovelies and welcome to my Realm of Beauty.

Today's post is gonna be a makeup tutorial for an easy and wearable colourful look, perfect for summer days.
With autumn just around the corner, you can make the most of what's left of this summer by adding a little bit of colour to your everyday look and maybe use those colourful eyeshadows and eyeliners you have lying around.

The secret to a colourful daytime look is to lower the intensity of the colours you want to use, make it look balanced and effortless. If you have a coloured eyeliner that you don't often use, you can always smudge it and blend it with a neutral eyeshadow. Or you can use two eyeshadows of completely different colours to create a fun colour-block eyeshadow (the look for this tutorial). There are many ways you can play with colours, but the point is: don't be afraid to experiment.

Tip: you can choose the colours of your eyeshadow and eyeliner based on a pair of colourful earnings that you own. As you'll see in my pictures below, it will help bring the whole look together and it looks super fun.

 So let's begin. As per usual, the post will be divided into two sections: eyes and face.


 For eyes:


I've had the gorgeous Lancôme Ombre Hypnôse-Lagon Secret eyeshadow for a very long time. But there aren't many occasions that I can use it on, which is a shame because I love the colour of it. So I thought I'd create a colourful summery look with it, only I didn't have a colour that's the complete opposite of it. However, I remembered that I had a beautifully pigmented pink blusher by Lancôme (Blush Subtil-Rose Paradis) in my makeup collection, so I used it as my base eyeshadow for this look and also as a blusher. This added a beautiful harmony to the look and made it even prettier. So I advise you to use this method if you have a similar blusher in your makeup collection. 

Once the base is on, you can do either of these two things: use a bright eyeliner in a similar colour to my turquoise eyeshadow along and above your lash line; OR wet an 'accent brush' or eyeliner brush and dip it in your colourful eyeshadow and apply it as you would with the eyeliner. The second method is what I used to achieve the look. Real Techniques brushes are my holy grail, so every eye makeup that I do is with their Starter Kit.

Since this is a daytime look, you don't want to make the line winged, just leave it up to the outer corner of you eyes. You can also go in just under your waterline and lashes with the brush or the eyeliner to add a bit of colour under your eyes. 
To finish it off, I used a neutral eyeshadow in my crease to give the eyes more definition. But this is totally optional and up to your preferences. 

For face:

After hours of researching for a good foundation for oily skin, I finally made a decision to purchase Clarins Ever Matte Foundation. I've used it a few times since I purchased it and I absolutely love it (it also smells divine). If you're like me and have been "suffering" from oily skin, you know how hard it is to find a good foundation that can last for a good few hours. Why am I not saying all day? Well because it would be unrealistic to look for a foundation that keeps away the oil and shine all day. If a product does that you should not trust it because it is blocking your pores and trapping the oil and that can cause all sorts of troubles for your skin. An excellent foundation for oily skin should keep the shine away for about 4-5 hours. This is why those with oily skin and long working hours should always carry a powder and touch up during the day. 

My favourite method of applying foundation and concealer is with the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge. To me, this is an absolute necessity in my makeup bag. Of course you can pay extra and purchase the original Beauty Blender. But I personally haven't found the need to do that. If you're interested to know how to use the sponge, check out the tutorial by the amazing Sam Chapman, which I'll link at the end of this post. 

For lips I used one of my favourite lip liners, No7 Precision Lip Pencil-Rose plus one of my favourite lip colours Clinique's Chubby Stick-Roomiest Rose. The combination of these two is absolutely brilliant. 

To finish off use a translucent powder, I used Clinique's Blended Face Powder, which I have review here Review: Clinique's Blended Face Powder & Brush. This step is only for those with oily skin, so skip it if you have other skin types. 



There you have it beauties. Hope you enjoyed this post. My social network sites can be found on the right hand corner. Don't forget to follow for updates and beauty tips. 

See you soon x

Flawless Foundation by Real Techniques | Miracle Complexion Sponge Tutorial


No comments :

Post a Comment