Saturday 23 January 2016

Anastasia Beverly Hills - The Brow Wiz

Hello and welcome to my Realm of Beauty.

Today's post is going to be about one of the holy grails of beauty industry, and possibly the most loved brow product (from what I gather).
I am sure that many of you have heard of the incredible Brow Wiz. Even those of us who don't live in the US have, thanks to Instagram and beauty bloggers and vloggers.


I had my eye on this one for almost a year. I knew where I could buy it from (Cult Beauty), but I hesitated for a long time just because my Rimmel brow pencil was doing the job nicely.
However, when I decided to dye my hair red brown again, I thought I might as well go for it, I had waited long enough.

It took me a long time to decide which shade I wanted to go for. But from the reviews I read, it sounded like Chocolate (warm tone) would suit me more than Dark Brown (more ashy). So I purchased it in Chocolate for £15.50 from Cult Beauty.
First impression was a little scary. The shade was warmer and more red toned than what I would usually go for, but that was what I wanted. I also swatched it on my hand and found that it was a little hard to get any colour from it.
But thankfully, that was only the start. As soon as I started applying it in my brows it transformed them like nothing else. It's just so incredible how easy it is to use and how natural it makes your brows look. And yes, the pencil has a hard consistency, but brow pencils need be hard to give the best result.

This product is not for the girl who wishes to fill in all of her brows and achieve that very solid coloured, almost tattooed like brows we all see on instagram. If you are that girl, then I would recommend the gel version and not the Brow Wiz.
The Brow Wiz is a product that should only be used to fill in gaps in the brows. It should not even be used to draw the brows, although you can draw guide lines with it and then go in with the gel to fill inside the lines. The product is designed for small stroke motions, making it perfect to fill in the gaps, as you can see in the comparison picture below.

Top: with Brow Wiz in Chocolate. Bottom: my natural brows with visible gaps.
In addition to the great pencil, there's also a fantastic brush at the other end. I use it to brush down my brows, making the gaps visible. Then I go in with the pencil and when I'm done I brush them back in place.

All in all, there is a reason why the Brow Wiz is so loved. It truly is a holy grail of beauty and brows. And if like me, you have been hesitating to buy it, you can end it now and purchase it right away.

Thank you for reading this blogpost lovelies.
Make sure to check in next week for a new post. And follow me on social media for updates.

See you soon x


No comments :

Post a Comment